SailingX

SailingX (http://www.sailingx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members / Teams (http://www.sailingx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Member intro (http://www.sailingx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2398)

orion 01-09-2014 03:09 PM

New Member intro

Hello there. I'm a semi-new sailor. I sailed with my dad a lot, up to about the age of 12 or 13. I'm getting back into sailing and it turns out I forgot a lot over the 20 or so intervening years but it is coming back.

I don't own a boat right now but I am acting as tactical ballast on Thursday's Child but am learning a lot about sailboat racing.

I'm always looking for more experience, so if someone needs some tactical ballast, and I'm not committed on Thursday's Child, I would love to come out and help out.

Karma 01-09-2014 04:00 PM

Welcome orion! Its always nice to see new people coming into the scene. Please note, and I will not be the only one to tell you this, tactical ballast with Ben is probably really fun, but tactical ballast on other boats probably calls for less lube and uncomfortable conversations the next morning.:em1100:

Day4Kid 01-09-2014 04:19 PM

:10400:You owe me a keyboard and a beer karma...

Manana 01-09-2014 07:32 PM

I did not see that coming....

What exactly goes on racing on the Windy Feat?

orion 01-09-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karma (Post 23535)
Welcome orion! Its always nice to see new people coming into the scene. Please note, and I will not be the only one to tell you this, tactical ballast with Ben is probably really fun, but tactical ballast on other boats probably calls for less lube and uncomfortable conversations the next morning.:em1100:

While I'm sure I can turn a few heads in my foulies, I don't think I have much to worry about. Have you seen the rest of TC's crew? Ben's a looker.

Day4Kid 07-13-2015 09:48 AM

Welcome ImAndyD to SailingX. Andy like long walks in the rain, pina coladas, and getting caught eating brains... (He may be a cannibal...)

If anyone else is looking to join please let me or Schnick know!

email me at commodore at thingy vrcracing dot ca!

Day4Kid 07-16-2015 10:18 AM

Welcome "Freedom" to sailingx!

Freedom has a C&C24 and is starting to get in to racing it!

Day4Kid 09-04-2015 09:38 AM

Welcome Unimpressed Nick to Sailingx!

Nick races on most any J29 in Vancouver and has recently been making guest appearances on Thursday's Child and Flaming Red Bunghole.

Godzilla 10-06-2015 11:16 AM

Welcome "Lego" to SailingX.

Lego is one of Godzilla's excellent crew, makes a fantastic chicken fried rice, and does magical things with wood and fiberglass.

Day4Kid 10-06-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla (Post 29946)
Welcome "Lego" to SailingX.

Lego is one of Godzilla's excellent crew, makes a fantastic chicken fried rice, and does magical things with wood and fiberglass.

Wood and Fiberglass?:11600: Is that that the GJR equivalent of leather and lace?