border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Sailor Exchange > Classifieds

Notices

Classifieds Gear, sails and more for sale

Old 1 Week Ago

Unhappy J/29 Equilibrium For Sale / Partners

Hi folks,

With life pressures coming at me from a few different directions, I'm looking for some options to keep Equilibrium on the water and hopefully racing. While I have no plans to stop sailing and racing myself, I'm looking to find either a few partners or a new owner. Feel free to message me on here, or directly via
john @ housser . ca

Cheers,
John

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/6174477916.html
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via Skype™ to frfletch
Default Glad you are staying

Happy to hear you and your fine yacht Equilibrium will be staying on the water. She is a fine competitor within Div 3. It is a highly sensible idea to seek a partner in the boat, if for no other reason it makes for two owners that regularly crew and two people to continue the everlasting effort of finding other crew. As we all know, one cannot race a yacht by one's self. It also gives one a partner to assist in the many chores required to keep a boat race ready. Every tried holding a nut on the inside and working the screw from the outside by yourself?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by frfletch View Post
Ever tried holding a nut on the inside and working the screw from the outside by yourself?
A bit of a thread hijack here, but the trick I sometimes use is to duct tape the nut in place (carefully aligned), then go up and thread the screw into the hole and onto the nut.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkitman View Post
A bit of a thread hijack here, but the trick I sometimes use is to duct tape the nut in place (carefully aligned), then go up and thread the screw into the hole and onto the nut.
Or...use new nuts and bolts and tighten the nut. Works almost every time. And there is a solution to that for the odd time it doesn't work.

Tags
for sale, j/29