border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > Dock talk

Notices

Dock talk General sailing chat

Old 08-26-2017

Kleen

You still haven't said what the higher RPM issue is. Got lotsa power apparently so doesn't sound like fuel. You say it's got enuf base pressure to blow the stick out when starting, that's a bit alarming, what kind of base pressure does it have under load? Does it blow the stick out? If it does the engine is f'd, after you've proven the crankcase breather to be ok.

If you're actually having fuel issues, don't know the age of your boat, but the fuel line from the tank to the engine is often overlooked. Old rubber fuel lines get pretty nasty.....just sayin.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Yanmar Crank Nut Tool?

So long story short, we are in the middle of a rebuild on the 3GM30 over at Magnem. Anyone happen to have access to the special tool for the crank nut? Yanmar part number is 124085-92700. Unfortunately a special order item, so several weeks delivery! Thanks.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenpwr View Post
So long story short, we are in the middle of a rebuild on the 3GM30 over at Magnem. Anyone happen to have access to the special tool for the crank nut? Yanmar part number is 124085-92700. Unfortunately a special order item, so several weeks delivery! Thanks.
I'll bet Harbour marine in Everett WA has them in stock and for 1/3 of the price of the guys here! That is where I got almost of my Yanmar parts!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I am down in Everett this weekend could assist with bringing what ever you want back