border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Sailor Exchange > Classifieds

Notices

Classifieds Gear, sails and more for sale

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye (Ed) View Post
I happened to see "War Canoe" sitting on a trailer at Thunderbird on Sunday. Anyone have any details on who snapped that up from Seattle ?
It's not been "snapped" - in storage there for the racing sked in the spring I believe.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Who in god's name lives in Seattle and keeps a race boat up in BC ? I mean honestly ....... who does that kinda thing
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryr View Post
The one from Seattle was brought up here by Glenn McDonald (according to someone who went to look at it when he bought it). He is reasonably certain that it was sold back to Seattle area.
That's correct. It was a Seattle 1 tonner that devastated the fleet in light air. It was built or modified by Laurie for that reason. I think the owner was Ben Dembart of the Seattle that had a successful Mull 3/4 tonner before that.

Glenn MacDonald was a real piece of work that bought it as the 1 and 2 ton fleet in Vancouver that was pretty big in those days. 14 or 15 boats of that ilk ranging from the old DB, Mad Max, Salute etc, etc. He didn't do much with it at all. I had heard it some core issues. Last time I saw him was at Swiftsure sailing on Rent-a-grenade with Corvette Danny. A match in "heaven".