Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > The patio

Notices

The patio Off topic chat

Old 05-08-2010
SailingX.com

Default Anyone on Facebook ?

Sailingx now has a face book page

I've created a group. Join up if you're on Facebook. It might be a good way to get more exposure for the board.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SailingX/119726024715889
Old 05-08-2010

I'm on Facebook, but I don't really use it for anything but sharing a few pics with friends and family. There is nothing else of value to that site IMHO.
Old 05-08-2010
das908kind

Dave,

Turn on the the photo-gallery, so users can add their favorite images to the fan page. I know you're probably wanting to encourage use of the galleries in THIS site, but you'll get more traffic and awareness if the fan page in interactive.

I also recommend posting links to the interesting threads on the Fan Page's wall. That is what will ultimately drive traffic back to THIS site as well.

BTW, when do we get our T-shirts?
Old 05-08-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by das908kind View Post
Dave,

Turn on the the photo-gallery, so users can add their favorite images to the fan page. I know you're probably wanting to encourage use of the galleries in THIS site, but you'll get more traffic and awareness if the fan page in interactive.

I also recommend posting links to the interesting threads on the Fan Page's wall. That is what will ultimately drive traffic back to THIS site as well.

BTW, when do we get our T-shirts?
As far as I can tell the photo album is turned on. Did you try to load a photo / video ?

T shirts ? We don't need no stinking t shirts ! lol
Old 05-09-2010

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
As far as I can tell the photo album is turned on. Did you try to load a photo / video ?

T shirts ? We don't need no stinking t shirts ! lol
Well i hate to differ, But with this being a boating site i think T shirts are a must. ( Wet T Shirts) To be more exact.
Old 05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco View Post
Well i hate to differ, But with this being a boating site i think T shirts are a must. ( Wet T Shirts) To be more exact.
Trust me, you DON"T want to see me in a wet T-shirt!
Old 05-09-2010
das908kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
Yeah, I can post to the wall, but there should be a way for me to add images that are already on Facebook.

Not big deal, I was just too lazy to turn my external drive on and sift through folders.
Old 05-09-2010

Don't forget, our goal is to build a picture and video library on THIS site, not on facebook!
Old 05-10-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchockTherapy View Post
Don't forget, our goal is to build a picture and video library on THIS site, not on facebook!

True, but the main goal here is to promote the site, as well reach the sailors out there that are currently on Facebook, but do not know about Sailingx. If they have the tools, photos and know how of Facebook, why not let them continue to do what they do, yet show them a new sailing community. One that has answers to questions and has great conversations, not pokes, and supper pokes. I believe that the facebook connection is key to the promotion of this site. Reaching sailors that would never find this site through other ways.

Points to consider here

- Larger sailing sites like Sail Word, sailing Anarchy and many many others are using Facebook to stay connected to sailors around the word.

- Many photos and videos are posted on Face book, and by being apart of facebook, the site will be connected to more sailors.

We can connect to all of are friends on facebook, by posting a single photo, or an article.

Love it , hate it.... Lets face it, Face book is a part of many peoples lives.

Tags
facebook