Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > Members / Teams

Notices

Members / Teams Introduction thread

Old 08-31-2010

thank you - some things are sacred.
Old 08-31-2010

Tye: Wedding Wedding Wedding

hahaha. See I got stuck with a Catalina after I got a wife, you already have nowhere to go but down my friend.
Old 08-31-2010

I know, I know - I did it all ass backwards, shoulda bought an olson or a melges when I was 25.
Old 08-31-2010
Supporting Member

I'm in. Schnick are we double handing or should we make each others live's miserable from separate boats?

The NC 100 may have been long and painfull, but I would be heading back down if they were having it this weekend. I'm a glutton for punishment!
Old 08-31-2010

Ultraman will be doing either this Sangster Island race or the Summer Solstice DH race next year. Maybe both if they are on different weekends.
Ultraman II - Ross 930 #69307
Old 08-31-2010
Supporting Member

RE dates: sadly there seems to be tons of conflicts in the spring / early summer. It is hoped that we could attract people from other Nanaimo, Victoria, Bellingham, Seattle ect. Having a distance / nite race around the longest day of the year seems to be logical. The full moon is on or around the 17th of June. Hard not to have the event at that time.
Old 08-31-2010

Maybe this can be combined with the TCYC Summer Solstice Regatta as it only had 7 entrants http://www.tiddlycove.bc.ca/Racing/S...10-results.pdf? If I was available I would have competed. The Summer Solstice is after all my birthday too...
Ultraman II - Ross 930 #69307
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manana View Post
I'm in. Schnick are we double handing or should we make each others live's miserable from separate boats?

The NC 100 may have been long and painfull, but I would be heading back down if they were having it this weekend. I'm a glutton for punishment!
Doublehanding. I like suffering but I don't think I want to whip a C36 around that course most years. Only 360 days to the next N100!

Maybe TCYC and RVYC could get together, TCYC could run a cruising division and RVYC could run a racing division? The informal nature of the Solstice race was kind of a turn off for me.
Old 09-01-2010
J33

So much for the good will aspect.

I have been doing the Summer Solstice thing for about 8 years now as its my birthday. My club has started off small with the effort of combining my sail with a race and I feel that doubling the numbers in one year is a good sign that we are onto something. As for a cruising class put on by TCYC, I take offense to the idea that TCYC is a cruising club and not capable of attracting racing boats. We had out of our small numbers, a competitive 1D35, O-30 and my boat all racing in our event. The only difference with your event is that its longer.

Anyways, I'm sure I have now offended all of you, as it seems to be my way. I won't be out for your race as I have a race of my own to sail on the Summer Solstice, namely the TCYC Summer Solstice RACE and don't feel like racing in an event that I feel has or is about to steam roll the efforts of a small but great club. Typical.

Fair winds.

r
Old 09-01-2010

Rick,

Don't take that the wrong way. I thought Niko's original concept for the Solstice race was more of a 'go sail for 24 hours' event than a 'Southern Straits' type of thing, which is what it sounds like Canting is talking about. Maybe I was wrong. We have all seen that TCYC puts on many of the best races in town.

I don't see why YCs can't work together on these things, more resources and volunteers in the pool should make for a better event.