border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > The patio

Notices

The patio Off topic chat

Old 06-18-2012
Administrator

Default Revenge - Best served cold

Hi Guys, I need your advise on this one.

A few weeks ago, my son was in the office, he was very comfortable around the office and easily made friends with everyone here.

A fellow worker thought that this would be an excellent opportunity to get rid of a cardboard tube. I said hey thanks in my most sarcastic voice. I was lucky enough to distract D-man before we left so the tube did not make it to our home. The next day I returned the tube to my fellow worker (hid it on he shelf) and that is where this begins...... The tube has been passed back and forth for a few weeks now, it has been hidden under the desk, above the door, behind the blinds, to name a few. The question is what can I do to a simple card board tube to make it clear that this has been taken to the next level. I will call it "Seek Revenge" for the damage done

Wikipedia writes

Revenge is a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance, be it real or perceived. It is also called payback, retribution, retaliation or vengeance; it may be characterized as a form of justice, an altruistic action which enforces societal rules and which is based on a deep rooted evolutionary instinct that helped humanity by implementing social cohesion in a subtle way.[citation needed][neutrality is disputed]

Function in society

Some societies believe that the punishment in revenge should exceed the original injury. For example, a poll of over 1,800 Americans showed that about 40% would support the death penalty for child rape. [2]

Detractors argue that revenge is a simple logical fallacy, of the same design as "two wrongs make a right". Some assert that the Hebrew Bible's concept of reciprocal justice "an eye for an eye" (Exod. 21:24) validates the concept of proportionate revenge, in which there would be a simple 'equality of suffering'; however Rabbinic law states this verse indicates a person should provide a monetary payment for the eye or tooth that was damaged, and does not require the assailant to receive physical damage. This view confounds the concepts of "justice" and "revenge," and disregards the fact that "eye for an eye" justice was a philosophical advance on the normative practice of the day (see blood feud, infra) and that Judaic scripture elsewhere prescribes “Do not seek revenge . . . love your neighbor as yourself” (Leviticus 19:18). Also, the Hebrew Bible illustrates the concept that '"vengeance is mine" says the Lord' (Deut. 3:25, cf., in the NT, Rom. 12:19).

Of the psychological, moral, and cultural foundation for revenge, philosopher Martha Nussbaum has written: "The primitive sense of the just—remarkably constant from several ancient cultures to modern institutions ...—starts from the notion that a human life ... is a vulnerable thing, a thing that can be invaded, wounded, violated by another's act in many ways. For this penetration, the only remedy that seems appropriate is a counter invasion, equally deliberate, equally grave. And to right the balance truly, the retribution must be exactly, strictly proportional to the original encroachment. It differs from the original act only in the sequence of time and in the fact that it is response rather than original act—a fact frequently obscured if there is a long sequence of acts and counteracts".[3]

Desire for the sustenance of power motivates vengeful behavior as a means of impression management: "People who are more vengeful tend to be those who are motivated by power, by authority and by the desire for status. They don't want to lose face," says social psychologist Ian McKee.[4][5]

So lets hear it guys, help me seek revenge
Old 06-18-2012

Paint it pink, add a purple top and a couple of appriate sized oranges and leave it on his desk.
Old 06-18-2012

epoxy it to the ceiling above his desk
Old 06-18-2012

Seems to me the best part of revenge is the shame that goes with it. So whatever you do, make sure that the tube is found by a 3rd party in a position that compromises your target.
Old 06-18-2012

Put a confetti cannon in it. Tape the trigger to his desk so when he picks it up it blows mounds of confetti everywhere!
Old 06-18-2012

sending resume now.
Old 06-18-2012

Find a dead fish. Put the dead fish inside the tube. Tape the tube to the underside of his desk where it is not noticeable. Wait a few days. A nastier variation would be to insert the fish tube into his supply air duct so he gets 400cfm of Fish Stank every time the heat or ac comes on. ( make sure you block his return air grill to keep that fishy goodness contained in his office.)

Of course you might have to freshen up your resume and start job hunting afterwards!

What have you got against cardboard tubes anyway?
Old 06-18-2012

position a stack on nondescript cardboard boxes full of paper shavings somewhere they won't look totally out of place .............. have them setup so they nock over quite easily via pulling a string or something like that. Place cardboard tube next to "the trap" - when he goes to grab it - spring the trap - Whammo boxes and paper Sh*t everywhere ............ I did this at my last office and it was awesome !