Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > Members / Teams

Notices

Members / Teams Introduction thread

Old 11-14-2012
das908kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by set321go View Post
thanks for all the replies, lots of useful stuff. The tasars look ok but no kite, what do you do downwind? picnic, maybe a book! I would have to say I have never seen a tasar in the UK

So what is jericho? From what I've seen everything dinghy based seems to go from there? Is it a club or school or just a facility?

I have found kits yc that seems to have dinghy fleets and an m24 fleet, is this true?
Jericho is a beach located in Vancouver's Kitsilano neighborhood. JSCA is a non-profit, public water-sport facility that is membership based. It also has several clubs and co-ops that operate out of the same building. The facility is a former WWII navy base that was converted into what it is now. It's got everything from a great little restaurant/deck, to lockers, boat storage, work shed, showers, launch ramps, on-water rescue team.... it's THE place for paddle sports and dinghies in the city.
Old 11-15-2012

Quote:
thanks for all the replies, lots of useful stuff. The tasars look ok but no kite, what do you do downwind? picnic, maybe a book! I would have to say I have never seen a tasar in the UK

So what is jericho? From what I've seen everything dinghy based seems to go from there? Is it a club or school or just a facility?

I have found kits yc that seems to have dinghy fleets and an m24 fleet, is this true?
The tasars don't have kites, they whisker pole the jib. They are super light boats and even without a kite and trapeze they plane both upwind and down. The last worlds in 2011 was in the UK at Devon with 60 boats.

I would say the tasar is the most popular 2 person dinghy at Jericho. Kits yc has 505s and lightnings plus one design keelboats like the star and martin 242. All the clubs have lots of lasers, with most of that racing out of Jericho.
Old 11-17-2012

Where should i look when buying a dinghy? I had a look on apolloduck, craigslist and a few other "boat" sites but not really anything to speak of.
Old 11-17-2012

Maybe head down to Jericho to see if the classifieds are posted on a board.
Old 11-17-2012

Depends what dinghy you're looking for. Craigslist is ok, bulletin boards at local clubs. Tasars are advertised on the forum section of the NATA website:

http://natasar.org/wp/

Another source for new and used Lasers and Tasars is Westcoast Sailing down in Portland. Great store with lots of inventory but a long way to travel:

http://www.westcoastsailing.net/

I have a laser for sale if that's what you're looking for.
Old 11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by got no point View Post
Depends what dinghy you're looking for. Craigslist is ok, bulletin boards at local clubs. Tasars are advertised on the forum section of the NATA website:

http://natasar.org/wp/

Another source for new and used Lasers and Tasars is Westcoast Sailing down in Portland. Great store with lots of inventory but a long way to travel:

http://www.westcoastsailing.net/

I have a laser for sale if that's what you're looking for.
thanks for those, does it have a radial rig? what price?

I am too much of a fatty for a laser, i would need one of these http://www.rooster8point1.com/blog/ i kindof want a finn again!

A double hander maybe a 505 but with gf we will probably be a bit light, i saw some rs800's on the jericho site, that would be cool, but not really a fleet i would imagine.
Old 11-17-2012

Talking

What you REALLY need is a hobie tiger! Oh hey! I have one I'd love to sell! What a coincidence!
Old 11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day4Kid View Post
What you REALLY need is a hobie tiger! Oh hey! I have one I'd love to sell! What a coincidence!
ummm.....no thanks!
Old 11-17-2012

Quote:
thanks for those, does it have a radial rig? what price?

I am too much of a fatty for a laser, i would need one of these http://www.rooster8point1.com/blog/ i kindof want a finn again!

A double hander maybe a 505 but with gf we will probably be a bit light, i saw some rs800's on the jericho site, that would be cool, but not really a fleet i would imagine.
I have a radial bottom section but not the sail. Boat is a 2005, all the racing gear, hull has some scratches. New boom and top section. Full rig sail. No dolly. $2700. PM me if you want to talk more about it.
Old 11-17-2012

Incidentally ive got a laser 4k if anyone wants one $2k bargain, just need to ship it here from the uk, im sure its not to hard to find some space in a shipping container, ha ha. I know rondar used to have a bit of space in their containers not sure now they have a US branch.

Tags
clubs, coaching, dinghy, keelboat