Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > Members / Teams

Notices

Members / Teams Introduction thread

Old 11-23-2012
Rubato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day4Kid View Post
Not even seniority! There are a few 40' slips that haven't been bid on and none of them are tidally challanged!
This was the first year that I likely would have been assigned a spot after being on the list for almost 7 years. A lot shorter than some other clubs but still a long time nonetheless. I wasn't aware that they actually had some vacant spots now though. That's quite a change in the last year!
Old 11-23-2012

Hey Ruboto - I just sent you an email - There is no "list" you have to bid on available slips. VRC has had a great turnover and a good number of new excited members! It's been quite the rejuvenation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubato View Post
This was the first year that I likely would have been assigned a spot after being on the list for almost 7 years. A lot shorter than some other clubs but still a long time nonetheless. I wasn't aware that they actually had some vacant spots now though. That's quite a change in the last year!
Old 11-23-2012

Send a message via MSN to ShaneA Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneA

Where does one find out which slips are available in order to bid on them? I can't find any info on the site besides the application form.
Skipper - s/v "Talisman" Santana 30/30 sail #77600
Old 11-23-2012
Supporting Member

I think protocol may require you to be a member for a few minutes before requesting moorage...
Old 11-23-2012

Send a message via MSN to ShaneA Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneA

I have been a member for a few days now
Skipper - s/v "Talisman" Santana 30/30 sail #77600
Old 11-23-2012
Rubato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day4Kid View Post
Hey Ruboto - I just sent you an email - There is no "list" you have to bid on available slips. VRC has had a great turnover and a good number of new excited members! It's been quite the rejuvenation!
Day5Kid - there is a list in the sense that you have to get the emails that inform you what spots are open - which is what Shane needs to get on. Doesn't one get on that email list by filling out the moorage appl'n form? "Bidding" is still done by seniority is it not? (in the event that more than one person is interested)... In any case, I guess that's not an issue anymore if there are spots not being filled....
Old 11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubato View Post
Day5Kid - there is a list in the sense that you have to get the emails that inform you what spots are open - which is what Shane needs to get on. Doesn't one get on that email list by filling out the moorage appl'n form? "Bidding" is still done by seniority is it not? (in the event that more than one person is interested)... In any case, I guess that's not an issue anymore if there are spots not being filled....
I was going to say: Waggy and I talked about this 6 months ago but I think you have to join first, get vetted ( I don't know that means at VRC exactly as I'm not a member), accepted and "then" ask for moorage. I think there is a lag time until the club board meets. Don't quote me but almost all clubs do that type of process.
Old 11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneA View Post
Where does one find out which slips are available in order to bid on them? I can't find any info on the site besides the application form.
Just ask the office to be put on the list - then bid on every slip your boat will fit in even if it's an awful spot. People with moorage have priority over people without so it's really easy to get relocated.

Moorage assignments happen once every three weeks or so. It doesn't go to the executive as it's a pretty simple process.

Tags
clubs, coaching, dinghy, keelboat