border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > Members / Teams

Notices

Members / Teams Introduction thread

Old 04-24-2013

I'm with ShawMac whereas if you can find something local that supports the RCM-SAR or something else valid then go for that. RCM-SAR is a very good cause.
Old 04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
I think I'll look online, our local community center is putting on the PCOC course and Marine Radio operators course $95 EACH- Yikes

Good thing my baby will be out of the water getting repairs for a while and I can wait to find a course I can afford!

Anastar (Lois)
I did mine most recently with boaterexam.com because there were discount codes readily available so it cost $35 + tax

I havent looked into the marine radio licence because I was assuming my UK Short Range licence would be sufficient. I should probably do more digging!
Old 04-25-2013

I am not sure if your UK license is convertible, but it definitely wouldn't meet the legal requirement. You should call Industry Canada and ask.

In the context of how much money one spends on a boat, I don't think $95 is all that much to spend on a boat safety course where you might actually learn something (nobody knows everything). Realistic boat safety would require at least a few day course with an on the water portion for $500.
Old 04-25-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to Anastar
Post PCOC Card & Boat Safety Course

Thank You for the input, I'll look it up online and my tenant can help me with the radio course as he used to be an ambulance attendant and knows most of the code words

Anastar (Lois)