border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > The patio

Notices

The patio Off topic chat

Old 03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnick View Post
Just registered for Round Saltspring 2014. Based on this winter's results, I am assuming Nimue will win by hours.
MUA HA HA HA - We're bring an even BIGGER/HEAVIER/SLOWER boat! Clearly we'll win...
Old 03-05-2014

Default Hustler 30 gutting

Schnick, I like the interior of the Kirie Elite, which coincidentally appears to be the production version of the Briand half ton Freelance I was mentioning (except with a LOT more freeboard). I was thinking of something along that line if I dared to undertake rebuilding the Hustler. Mucho time, $, and hours would be involved.

Probably better off waiting for something like an O911 to come along at the right price. It'll probably be a couple of years before I can get a 30+ ft slip again at a decent facility. A Project in the meantime might be fun though. Just maybe not one of the magnitude the Hustler would present. Well built boats though I think.
Old 03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day4Kid View Post
Everyone switching to R930?
I'm guessing the other R930 in Vic is still available. Probably just needs new sails - perfect for BI then.
Old 03-05-2014

Decent facility? Too bad you're so picky - you could join VRC and pretty much walk in to a slip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guar View Post
Schnick, I like the interior of the Kirie Elite, which coincidentally appears to be the production version of the Briand half ton Freelance I was mentioning (except with a LOT more freeboard). I was thinking of something along that line if I dared to undertake rebuilding the Hustler. Mucho time, $, and hours would be involved.

Probably better off waiting for something like an O911 to come along at the right price. It'll probably be a couple of years before I can get a 30+ ft slip again at a decent facility. A Project in the meantime might be fun though. Just maybe not one of the magnitude the Hustler would present. Well built boats though I think.
Old 03-05-2014

Send a message via MSN to ShaneA Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneA

I got a call from Heather Civic offering me a slip... I didn't even know I was on the wait list...
Skipper - s/v "Talisman" Santana 30/30 sail #77600
Old 03-05-2014

Naah...I'm not too picky I was just coming up with a worst case scenario of 2 years to find a slip somewhere near English Bay.

Certainly appears the moorage crisis of a few years ago is disappearing - and I don't think it's because of an abundance of new slips constructed.

So I'm not too concerned about finding a spot - more important to find the right boat (in that regard, I'm pretty picky - although I have some unusual preferences). I kind of blew the opportunity on Bigfoot, but I'm still not sure that was the right boat.
Old 03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneA View Post
I got a call from Heather Civic offering me a slip... I didn't even know I was on the wait list...
But surely you were on the waiting list, right??