border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Yacht Club > Crew Pool

Notices

Old 06-15-2015

Default Crew Pool - Vancouver area

A bunch of new sailors signed up looking for boats to crew on in and around Vancouver area. If you have space on your boat, get them involved... and if you like them, ask them to update their crew pool profile to "NOT LOOKING" so other skippers don't waster their time contacting them.

http://www.ebsailing.ca/racing/racin...pool-database/

See you all at the Summer Regatta!
Old 06-15-2015

Good stuff! I need to get one of these going for Squamish; but the trouble is we need yachts more than we need crew!
Old 06-15-2015

I really struggle with these as I have found crew chemistry to be such a subtle and tricky thing to maneuver. But I have to remember that I once got a call from the VARC crew list in about 2003 that introduced me to people I still sail with today, so the system does work.
Old 10-29-2015

Default Need Snowflake ride

Hi! If you are looking for crew for Snowflake, give my friend Shareen a call.

Looking for a crew position for Snow Flake 2015. I have all my own sailing safety equipment. I have raced on Santana 30/30s, Santa Cruz 70, or Abbot 36. My completed races are: The full VanIsle 2015, TCYC Summer 2014 and 2015, Polar Bear 2015, Southern Straits, Collingwood, Swift Sure Whidbey Island Race Week, Deep Cove Regatta. Interchangable with most crew positions, and I learn quickly. I have Safety At Sea, OffShore FIrst Aid and ROC-M/DSC License. I'm a happy crew member that plays great on a team. References available as well. I can carpool if necessary. email at shareen.chin@gmail.com or 6047286219
Old 11-02-2015

Default my crew mate Stephen is looking for a ride on polar bear

My name's Stephen, I'm 26 and I'm keen on sailing as much as humanly possible throughout this Winter season.

I'm currently crewing for Rubato in the Snowflake series, and I would love to fill up the alternating weekends with the Polar Bear series.

I am new to keelboat racing, but I learned to sail dinghy's a number of years ago back in Ontario.

On Rubato, I've been trimming jib, and I'm happy to continue in that role on another boat, but I'd also really love some exposure to different positions. As long as it's in the wind, any position suits me fine!

Thanks for your consideration. Looking forward to joining the series.

Cheers,
Stephen 604-340-4601
Old 09-15-2016

Default Looking for ride for first half of Polar Bear 2016

I found a ride. Excalibur ended up racing both Snowflake and Polar bear, so I edited this post. Cheers!

Last edited by fun_and_awesome; 04-18-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2016

^^ This is Excalibur's current bow person - I don't think there is a more complicated boat than ours in the fleet. Your boat will be a cinch.
Old 04-18-2017

Default My friend Bradley is looking to learn to crew this spring-summer

April 18th, 2017:

Dear Sailing-X skippers in need of crew:

Seeing as it is not possible for new people to join sailing-x as members and post, I'm posting for my friend Bradley Kohut who is looking to learn to race in the spring and summer of 2017. He is interested in round the can as well as distance racing.
He has minimal experience but does possess a good attitude, his PCOC, and will bring beer, chips and non marking shoes on your boat. I'd say he's about 25 years old and is a professional driver by trade. He has been helping me restore my old sailing dinghy at Jericho and is pretty enthusiastic about learning to sail.
I've told Bradley to stand at the royal van dock on Wednesdays at 4:30 pm with a case of beer but I thought I'd help him out in the digital realm as well.

Brad's number is 1-204-962-0329.
Old 04-18-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnick View Post
^^ This is Excalibur's current bow person - I don't think there is a more complicated boat than ours in the fleet. Your boat will be a cinch.

Clearly you haven't seen my downhaul system...
Old 04-18-2017

Your downhaul system was installed by the devil himself....