border
Home      Register      Show Groups      Photos      Videos     

SailingX > Feature Articles > Articles

Notices

Articles News feed

Article Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015

Default DEEP COVE REGATTA THIS WEEKEND

Conditions are looking brilliant!!! Temperatures in the mid 20's both days, with winds projected in the 10 to 15 knot range. The floating Hot Tub is showing up tonight at DCYC, so it should be ready to go for Friday once everyone arrives. Bring your body condoms, DCYC cannot be responsible for any sailors contracting Legionnaires Disease. Did I mention FREE Beer. We could not ask for anything more!!! We just need you!

Now a word about our sponsors:

***Martin Marine...check out their new store it is bigger and better. I do miss the old store though, nothing like wooden boards on the slant to make you feel at home! Division winners will receive: $100 Martin Marine Gift Certificate for 1st, $50 for second and $25 for third. The prize structure may vary depending on number of boats in a division (see SI for more details). Plus a draw price for an inflatable lifejacket. The best marine store in the lower mainland, no one supports sailors like Dave and his team. Thank you!!!

***Lynnwood Marina will be providing us with a "FREE" lift...Draw Prize. I had my boat out twice this year - don't ask - these guys are great. Thanks to Phil and his gang for all the support. Another multiple year sponsor!

***Pro-Tech, I love Stuart and Pip. They got the knowledge and everything you need for your boat. They have offered us a VHF Radio as a Draw Prize. I always use these guys, I love em' Thanks guys!!!! Again another multiple year sponsor!

***Leitch McBride has offered us a gift certificate. Over my 13+ years of racing I have only gone to Brett for sails and advice. He is the best. Thank you for your support!!! Another multiple year sponsor.

***Navis Insurance will once again be covering the cost of our PRO...James MacDonald. This past June I kissed a rock heading into the NYC after day one of the RNSA. Not fun!!! But James is my insurance guy, he was incredible. Navis turned an embarrassing situation into a quick fix. I just started with Navis this past year, and am really happy I made the change.

So many good things planned for this weekend, can't wait.

Article Tools